What type of personal data do we collect?
- The data customers furnish via the online form, available at the following address.
- The data customers furnish in the context of the performance of a contract, quotation or invoice binding them to VM STEEL.
- We collect the following data: surname, first name, postal address, email address, all telephone numbers, including your requests and comments.
- To ensure the security of our IT systems, the Web server you connect to will collect and store your public IP address in log files. These log files are kept for a period of 4 weeks.
How do we use your personal data?
- The personal data communicated by our customer are administered by the data controller appointed by VM STEEL.
- Any personal data we collect and process in relation to your file are kept strictly confidential. These data are collected for statistical and accounting purposes and to ensure the proper management of your file.
How can you access your personal data?
- In the event of questions in relation to your personal data, please contact the data controller by post at the registered office of VM STEEL or by email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In accordance with Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the Data Protection Act of 8 December 1992, customers have a right to access the data relating to them and to have them rectified. (To do so, please contact the data controller). Where applicable, customers may also object to these data being used for purposes other than the proper management of their file.
- On the grounds defined by law, customers are entitled to ask the data controller to erase any personal data relating to them without undue delay whereupon the data controller is obliged to erase these personal data at the earliest opportunity.
- To exercise their rights, customers are obliged to furnish the data controller with proof of identity. Please note however that we may keep a record of your data for archiving purposes (in particular where we are obliged to do so by law).
Where do we store your data?
- We only store our customers’ personal data in databases situated within the European Union.
Are your data stored securely?
- VM STEEL undertakes to put any and all appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures in place to ensure that customers’ personal data are protected. In this respect, it is bound by a best-effort obligation.
For how long are your data kept?
- Personal data collected via the online form are not kept if they do not result in a contract/order between VM STEEL and the data subject.
- Customers’ personal data are stored for a maximum of 3 years after the contractual relationship between the customer and the VM STEEL has come to an end.
- Once that retention period has expired, the accounting data are archived while all other data are erased or anonymised.
Objections and complaints
- Customers may lodge a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Commission at the following address:
Autorité de protection des données (Data Protection Authority)
Rue de la Presse, 35 1000 Brussels
Tel. + 32 2 274 48 00
Fax. + 32 2 274 48 35
- The data controller reserves the right to amend the provisions of this charter at any time, in particular, owing to amendments to the currently applicable legislation.